For more than 20 years, Richard “Dick” Rice has discussed employment matters with thousands of employees and business owners/employers so that he is versed in the myriad of situations which arise for both employees and employers in the workplace, including sex harassment & hostile work environment, sex, age, race/national origin, disability, arrest/conviction record & sexual orientation discrimination, and retaliation for opposing discrimination in the workplace or supporting a co-worker’s complaint of discrimination.
Mr. Rice’s practice is focused primarily with representation of persons involved in individual employment, personal injury and related matters. Mr. Rice has litigated hundreds of cases at the federal, state and local administrative levels with most cases settled prior to hearing as well as handling lawsuits filed in both state and federal courts. Mr. Rice also has assisted many employees with negotiations of severance agreements as well as resolution of other workplace matters so that employees can continue employment or terminate their employment in a positive manner. Most cases have been privately settled in a confidential manner.
Sample Cases & Private Settlements:
- Reuter vs. Murphy – $1.8 million total award
- Dickson vs. Schwert – $225,000 settlement
- Kirch vs Vogel – Chemical contamination, $150,000 jury verdict.
- Age Discrimination – $350,000
- Sexual Harassment – $312,000
- Sexual Harassment – $145,000
- Disability Discrimination – $75,000
- Disability Discrimination – $46,000
- Disability Discrimination – $42,500
- Negotiated Severance Agreements
Professional Honors and Associations
- Member Dane County Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
1975 – B.S. Soils & Natural Resources
1986 – J.D.
Bar / Court Admissions
- Wisconsin Bar 1987
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals