These are examples of the jury verdicts, settlements and published court decisions Fox & Fox has obtained. While each case is different and similar outcomes cannot be guaranteed, every case we take on will receive the same representation that has produced results like these.
- Hohert v. Weir Slurry Group (W.D.WI. 2003) – federal jury verdict for lost wages and liquidated damages of $432,000, plus recovery of attorney fees/costs and substantial front pay, on claim of age discrimination in corporate down-sizing.
- Chicago Auto Loans, LLC v. Yale Schiff, et al.,(Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, No. 2012 L 013652) – March 2016: trial court verdict of $1.4 million for civil fraud and punitive damages against defendant in connection with his scheme to secure auto loan funding through phony car titles.
- Wistrom v. Black – $1.8 million verdict against state agency director finding retaliatory transfer of disabled employee for opposition to race discrimination
- Elestwani v. Nicolet Biomedical – Verdict awarding $1.56 million and reinstatement for race discrimination and retaliation against sales manager
- Price v. Marshal Erdmann & Assoc. – $1.1 million verdict on claim of willful age discrimination in employment
- Lawson v. Monroe County – $5.4 million damages verdict in civil rights action for mentally disabled county jail inmate denied adequate treatment and kept in isolation cell
- Dubin v. MATC – $1.1 million jury verdict for college professor retaliated against for complaining of religious discrimination
- $2.3 million recovery in a police shooting of young musician (news coverage)
- $1 million recovery plus reinstatement recovery for a high profile Illinois police chief in a retaliation case (news coverage)
- $1 million recovery plus reinstatement for a terminated college professor (news coverage)
- $2 million plus recovery in a will contest disputing right to and value of prize real estate
- 1.8 million recovery for employees’ claims of age discrimination in terminations by international corporation
- $5.9 million recovery in an intellectual property/trade secret dispute
- $3.7 million recovery in a wage and hour class action/retaliation dispute (news coverage)
- $2.35 million recovery in a whistleblower case
- $1.45 million dollar recovery for pedestrian injured in cross-walk by negligent Chicago motorist.
- $1 million dollar recovery for female restaurant employees claiming sexual harassment and retaliation.
- $900,000 recovery in a breach of employment contract case.
- $755,000 recovery in a retaliation case for an employee who testified about race and age discrimination.
- $560,000 recovery in an age discrimination case.
- $500,000 recovery for victim of an auto accident.
- $1.825 million pre-trial settlement for motorist severely injured by trucks in winter highway collision
- $3.2 million settlement, after successful appeal, of civil rights claims by family of anonymous citizen informant murdered after police ignored warnings and disclosed identifying information
- $2.65 million recovery for employees’ claims of age discrimination in terminations by manufacturing company
- $950,000 recovery for sexual harassment
- $1.8 million in damages against for accident injuries to child riding in private vehicle hired by school district to transport students
- $985,000 recovery for age discrimination and retaliation
- $630,000 recovery for retaliatory discharge of employee whistleblower
- $1.9 million settlement for citizens’ civil rights claims for wrongful drug arrests based on false information from paid police informant with previous conviction for framing innocent citizens
- $690,000 settlement of claim for unlawful termination of school district employee in retaliation for exercising right to free speech
- $5.75 million recovery from university for whistleblower’s claims of False Claims Act violations and retaliation
- $1.5 million settlement of civil rights claims for mentally disabled patient’s death in county treatment facility
- $812,500 recovery for age discrimination
- $650,000 recovery for sexual harassment and retaliation
- $1.3 million settlement of civil rights claims by children of county jail inmate who died after denial of medical care
- Rice Lake Harley Davidson v. LIRC, 2014 WI App. 104 – Wisconsin Court of Appeals case upholding an award of back pay and attorneys fees to female employee in a wage discrimination suit and applying the “paycheck accrual” rule to wage discrimination complaints in Wisconsin.
- Blue v. IBEW, 676 F.3d 579 (7th Cir. 2012) – U.S. Court of Appeals decision upholding jury verdict finding retaliation for opposing racially discriminatory hiring practices
- Culver v. Gorman, 416 F.3d 540 (7th Cir. 2005) – U.S. Court of Appeals decision reversing dismissal of employee’s claim of retaliation for opposing sex discrimination by employer
- Cleary v. Federal Express, 313 F. Supp.2d 930 (E.D. Wis. 2004) – U.S. District Court decision holding that employee was entitled to jury trial on disability discrimination claim
- Bicknese v. Sutula, 2003 WI 31 – Wisconsin Supreme Court decision denying government immunity and reinstating $375,000 verdict for denial of promised University of Wisconsin position
- Stalter v. Wal-Mart, 195 F.3d 285 (7th Cir. 1999) – U.S. Court of Appeals decision reversing trial court’s dismissal of employee’s race discrimination claim
- Brown v. City of Edgerton, 97 F.3d. 969 (7th Cir. 1996) – U.S. Court of Appeals decision for volunteer firefighter defining broad protection for free speech under the First Amendment
- Shager v. Upjohn Co., 913 F.2d 398 (7th Cir. 1990) – U.S. Court of Appeals decision reinstating age discrimination claims and setting influential “cat’s paw” liability standard for employers under federal discrimination laws
- Huebschen v. Dept. of Health and Social Services, 716 F.2d 1167 (7th Cir. 1983) – U.S. Court of Appeals decision setting standards for constitutional sex discrimination claims